- The Assembly (the student governing body of all Residential Commons)
- Housing Reapplication
- Orgs@SMU (a convenient database of all student organizations on campus)
- Counseling Services at the Health Center
- Office of the Chaplain and Religious Life
- Office of Student Affairs (Multicultural Student Affairs, Greek Life, Mom and Dads Clubs, Program Council, Student Foundation, and the Women and LGBT Center)
The Commons System at SMU was established in 2014 and is based off of the Oxford University Residential College System, which has been established for nearly 1,000 years. This system of residential learning aims to build a community among students of all ages (freshman through graduate students can live in the commons) and faculty by providing a place to connect, learn, and grow. There is a special connection between residents that cannot be found elsewhere. Imagine that each commons is like a ‘House’ in your very own Hogwarts. Below are the other commons that are at SMU (there are 11 of them!).